Girls Varsity Volleyball
This schedule is tentative pending confirmation of venue availability. Tryouts are mandatory for all players!
Before tryouts, all players must be enrolled as a 9th through 12th grade student at LBSS and provide the following:
- VHSL Sports Medical Form completed by a doctor, signed on or after May 1, 2013.
- Completed Emergency Care form (available under 'Team Files').
- Both Player and one parent/guardian must complete mandatory concussion training (available at http://www.fcps.edu/supt/activities/atp/health/concussion/ceov_program.shtml)
- Health Insurance. If you are not covered by a health insurance policy, one can be purchased through FCPS at http://www.fcps.edu/supt/activities/atp/acc_insurance.shtml
- Team Rules signed by player and a parent/guardian (required before placement on a roster)
YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO TRYOUT UNTIL ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE SUBMITTED
Only coaches, players, and invited volunteers will be allowed in the court area or on the sidelines during tryouts.
POST-TRYOUT PRACTICE SCHEDULE
All players selected to the Freshman, JV, and Varsity rosters will begin practice in the LBSS gym on Friday, August 9, on the following schedule:
- Freshman Team: 5:00 - 7:00PM
- ?JV Team: 4:30 - 6:30PM
- Varsity Team: 5:30 - 7:30PM
During the week of August 12 thru August 16, we will have an additional all-team practice from 9 - 10:30AM
We will practice every weekday until the end of the season, unless a scrimmage or game is scheduled.
Because we have a regular season game on Tuesday, September 3, we will practice on Labor Day, Monday, September 2.
We try to keep to the posted schedule, but there are times, such as Back to School Night, where practice will be rescheduled or canceled.
Coaches may, on occasion schedule additional team or position practices on Saturdays. We may also hold position specific practices on Saturdays. There will never be activities scheduled on Sunday.
All practices are mandatory. An absence for other than medically documented reasons, religious requirements, or family medical emergency is considered unexcused, even if the coach is notified beforehand. More than 3 unexcused absences in the season may result in suspension from or removal from the team.
Volleyball Team Pictures will be taken at 10AM, Friday, August 23 in the gym.
Links to the 2013-14 Physical Exam form and the Emergency Care form are under 'Team Files'.
These sessions are open to all students, including rising Freshmen. All participants must have a 2013-14 (completed after May 1, 2013) physical exam and Emergency Care card, and current concussion training on file. The sessions are voluntary and are not considered during the team selection process. They are intended to help players get physically prepared for tryouts. Sessions will be held on Mondays and Thursdays on the following schedule:
July 8 and July 11 Cancelled, VHSL 'No-contact' week
July 15, 4:15-6:00 pm - Gym (Skills) July 18, 5-6pm - Gym (Conditioning)
July 22, 4:15-6:00 pm - Gym (Skills) July 25 - No session
July 29, 4:15-6:00 pm - Gym (Skills) August 1, 5-6pm - Gym (Conditioning)